Ven Pongal Recipe/Ghee Pongal (நெய் பொங்கல்)
· Raw Rice - 1 Cup
· Moong da - 1/2 Cup
· Water - 4 Cup
· Hing - Pinch
· Ginger - 1 inch
· Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
· Whole Black pepper 1 tsp
· Curry leaves - 2 sprig
· Ghee - 4 tsp
· Salt - As required
Roast the cashew nuts in a tsp od Ghee and keep it aside.
1. Soak the rice raw rice and moong dal for 30 mins
2. Heat the cooker with 4 tsp of ghee, keep the flame to low. Add Whole black pepper and Cumin seeds allow it to crack.
3. Add the curry leave, Chopped Ginger, Hing saute it well.
4. Keep the flame in low, add 4 cup of water and add the salt as needed.
5. Add the rice into the cooker and mix it well. Check the seasoning and add it if needed
6. Close the cooker and allow it to 4 whistles. (depends on the rice)
7. Add the roasted cashew nuts into the Pongal.
8. Ghee Pongal is ready now, Sever hot with Pongal sambar and Coconut chutney.